We use cookies to make your experience of our website better. Please read our cookies policy to find out more. If you continue to use our site, we will assume that you consent to our use of cookies.
Cunninghame Properties - Property Management & Residential Letting Agents On Facebook Cunninghame Properties - Property Management & Residential Letting Agents On Twitter

01294 461911

Landlord Insurance

Landlords Insurance


An interesting and costly scenario!

Your tenant arrives home to find a water leak, a burst pipe, which as a result causes hundreds of pound worth of damage. To make matters worse, water has seeped into the flat below causing even more damage much to the annoyance of your neighbours.
Costly incidents such as this could easily wipe out your rental profits and even leave you significantly out of pocket if you are not properly insured. It's a sobering thought, but all landlords can and should protect themselves from such claims with public liability insurance which can provide them with a valuable safety net against costs for damages caused by an incident involving a tenant - for which you, the landlord, may be held responsible.
The trouble is many landlords do not have suitable cover in place or even realise that it is available at a reasonable cost. Public liability cover or property owner's cover, as it is sometimes known, is in fact built into every buildings insurance policy sold by Cunninghame Properties.

This facility is available to you, the landlord, whether you have one buy to let property or a portfolio and provides cover of up to 2 million. Legal costs associated with such claims are covered too.
Cover is even extended and included to cover loss of rent should the incident be serious enough that your tenants require to be rehoused as a result of the incident.
Accidental damage cover to the contents of a property should also be considered. Many landlords consider this to be an additional expense but it is surprising how many tenants somehow manage to stain or burn a carpet, or crack a cistern or damage a ceramic hob. All of these can be costly to rectify but insurance is also available to cover such eventualities.
The industry has established that many landlords are under the impression that a normal household building policy will cover the property when a tenant moves in. This is certainly not the case as home insurance in most cases is not designed for rented properties and your policy in the event of a claim could be declared void.
It is essential therefore that suitable cover for your own peace of mind is put in place!
Contact one of our staff now and obtain a quotation - it could save you money and will certainly prevent any grief.
Buildings and Contents cover available at competitive rates for all properties regardless of whether we are your Managing Agent. 

Save money with our Special Group policy with Liverpool Victoria. 

For all properties managed by us we also offer Landlords insurance for legal expenses and rent guarantees.
Call our office for a quotation with no obligation on 01294 461911.


Tell us what you think!

If you see any issues or would like to suggest improvements please send us your feedback.

Our Accreditations