We use cookies to make your experience of our website better. Please read our cookies policy to find out more. If you continue to use our site, we will assume that you consent to our use of cookies.
Cunninghame Properties - Property Management & Residential Letting Agents On Facebook Cunninghame Properties - Property Management & Residential Letting Agents On Twitter

01294 461911

 

Carbon Monoxide

Tuesday, 13th January, 2015

Two landlords were fined recently after their tenants and their four-month-old baby were all found to have high levels of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.

An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) found four unsafe gas appliances at the two-bedroom terraced house in Bolton owned by brothers found that Mehboob Bobat and Suraiya Bobat, and that no annual gas safety checks had been carried out. A gas-powered water heater in the kitchen which did not have a flue and had been connected to the washing machine and kitchen sink began to emit high levels of CO. A gas fire and a gas boiler were also found to be at risk of causing CO poisoning. The brothers pleaded guilty to two breaches of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.

In Scotland, it is now a requirement for CO alarms to be fitted when new or replacement boilers or other fossil fuel heating appliances are installed in residential properties. 




SEARCH

Our Accreditations
True